Thursday, June 12, 2014

"Wheely Great"


I used a stamp and die set from Taylored Expressions to create this card with a masculine theme.  It could be used for Father's Day, a male birthday, male graduation or other male congratulatory occasion.  The pattern paper is from DCWV.  Besides the car die, I used Spellbinders Nestabilities labels to cut the black and gold layers behind the car.  I used the Embedded Die technique:  I stamped the car on tan paper and cut it out with the car die.  Then I used the car die to cut out a space on the black label layer and used the negative space in the black label layer to embed the tan car. The wheels came from my stash of steampunk embellishments.

I'm entering this in a challenge on the Dies R Us blog----One for the Boys/Father's Day 

Celebrate the guys in your life..........................Paulette

3 comments:

  1. Oh Paulette what a delightful creation! LOVE the wheels and the overall design! Great job! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘ONE FOR THE BOYS/FATHER’S DAY’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Team Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is "wheely" cute! I like the effect of the embedded die technique...I'll have to give that a go.Great paper choices for this transportation themed card. Love the colours of the mats, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sentiment and the colors you used. Such a fun card! Thanks for joining us at the Dies R Us Challenge.
    -Jenny, DRU DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. I value your feedback.