Monday, April 7, 2014

Embedded Die Technique

The Try a New Technique Challenge on Splitcoaststampers this week is called "Embedded Die."  You can read  more about it here:  Embedded Flower
I used the Memory Box Honeyblossom die to cut out the sprig of flowers from the purple, the pink and the lime paper (DCWV Cherry Limeade Paper Stack). I embedded the sprig from the lime paper into the negative space left in the purple paper when the die cut was popped out of it. I fussy cut the attachments on the flowers and buds that were die cut from the pink paper, these pink flowers were not embedded but pasted on top of the green die cut. I used 2 die cuts of the pink paper cut with the Spellbinders label die to lengthen it so that the lime die cut also cut from the same label die created a border around the green die cut.  I stamped the sentiment (stamp by Northwoods) onto the lime label and trimmed the top and bottom of the lime so that there was a border of pink.  A Recollections butterfly and rhinestones complete the design.

Have a great day...finally Spring is on the way!
                                                                  Paulette

2 comments:

  1. What a cool technique. I love the depth it creates. Fabulous colour scheme...so striking. Your fabulous eye for colour and composition always impresses me. I wish spring was on the way here. We got snow again overnight.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. I value your feedback.