Monday, February 24, 2014

Asian Serendipity


The Try a New Technique Challenge on Splitcoaststampers today is called Serendipity.  I used it to create the paper I used to punch out the flowers on my two cards.  This technique is a great way to use up those scraps you just can't bear to throw out.   The technique involves tearing up the scraps into small pieces and gluing them to a piece of paper to create a "new" paper.  You can read more about the technique HERE.

The geisha on the left is an Art Accents stamp and the one on the right is a stamp by A Stamp in the Hand.  I used my serendipity technique created paper to punch out the flowers with an SU Blossom punch. I edged the borders of the flowers with a gold leaf Krylon pen.  The flower on the left has a gem center and the one on the right has a flower brad center.  I used glittered chipboard flourishes, red elvet ribbon and a Starform gold sticker with red glitter as hair adornments.

Happy Monday.........................Paulette


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting. I value your feedback.