Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Valentine Dolly


I've accepted an offer to be guest designer for eclectic Paperie for the month of February.  My box of goodies from the eclectic Paperie shop came today.  They have a design challenge every month and January's challenge is to use HEARTS in your design.  You can find all the challenge submissions for January HERE.

I used some of my new products from eP as well as other items that eP carries in their shop.  The Julie Nutting Prima doll was paper pieced from a new paper collection by Authentique called "Smitten."  The playing cards are also from the "Smitten" paper pack.  Besides the doll stamp and  the "Smitten" paper , other items carried by eP that were used on my card are Scor-Tape to attach the lace ruffle, Zip-Dry paper glue and Scotch Foam Mounting Tape to pop up the middle playing card.  I watched a webcast yesterday by Julie Nutting and she suggested sponging the edges of the doll with brown ink.  For this I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad---Old Paper and an Inkssentials Blending Foam Replacement Pad.  These items are also available at eP.  
The background papers are from DCWV, the flower in the doll's hair is hand-crocheted.  Some rhinestone bling completes my design.

Thanks for stopping by ............Paulette

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting and commenting. I value your feedback.