Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Frog Days of Summer


I submitted this card for publication a year ago but sadly it was returned unpublished.  This gives me the opportunity to spotlight Kermit on the blog.  The tree frog is a stamp from Stamp N Plus and can be ordered HERE
I stamped on some glittery green paper and some brown wood-textured paper and paper-pieced them.  Other products/supplies used are a Cuttlebug embossing folder, DCWV designer paper, Spellbinders Oval Nestabilities dies, a Martha Stewart twig punch, paper flowers, rhinestone gems, a dragonfly brad, and googlie eyes.


As August approaches, hope you are enjoying the Frog Days of Summer.   Paulette Akagi

Entered in the following challenges:
Paper Playtime:  Ch. #15---Patterned Paper

3 comments:

  1. This is fab! The punches compliment the embossed background so well! Love 'Kermit's' eyes, too. :) Thank you for joining us in the "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super card! I love the embossing you did on the card --goes well with the theme. Cute image~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the contrasts on this card. The funky frog (amazing eyes) with the pretty floral paper and then the heavily textured green background. Plus funky frog with the beautiful flowers. They combine to make such a playful and yet pretty card. I hope Kermit is too sleepy to catch that dragonfly. I'm partial to them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. I value your feedback.