Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Altered Mousetraps

I'm in an altered mousetrap swap.  It was a bit difficult to wrap my head around this concept but I came up a couple pieces.  Some of the hardware was removed from the traps and then I painted them with black gesso.

I titled this one "Mouseketeer Mona."  I gave Mona  a Minnie Mouse hat.  Added a miniature mouse trap  from my stash. I added 2 cat buttons and a tiny mouse button.  I also added a cat charm.

I titled this one "Bird Song" after the papers I used from the Graphic 45 Bird Song paper pack.  The lanterns are from the Paper Dreams Factory.







Hope you like my artsy traps.    Don't forget to vote today.  Paulette                                                        

2 comments:

  1. These are fabulous. When you told me about the swap, I wondered what you would do. Cool challenge idea and awesome results. Mona just cracks me up with the ears, cats, and tiny mousetrap. The birdsong one is lovely. Who knew a mousetrap could be so elegant. Leave it to you to build a better mousetrap :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. I value your feedback.